1. Is coffee harmful for your health?
There are no convincing acknowledgement of that moderate doses of coffee are harmful to your health. The modern science recognises such influence of caffeine, as stimulation of a metabolism and increase of possibility of reaction. The usual dose of coffee cannot have any fatal consequences for a healthy consumer in spite of the fact that nobody can take out caffeine to the same extent well.
The fact of common knowledge - coffee promotes growing thin. Besides regular consumption of coffee helps to struggle with a plague of 21 centuries - a cellulites. Experts offer very simple formula of calculation of safe for health quantity of coffee. If your weight - 75 kg, then 75 kg*5mg/60mg. Then that it is possible to take pleasure of 6 cups of fragrant coffee and thus to feel magnificent! (60mg – a caffeine dose in espresso from 100 % Arabica beans).
2. Does caffeine influence our sleep?
So caffeine is the soft stimulator, some people have come to a conclusion that after the usual cup of coffee drunk in the evening, they cannot fall asleep longer. Others with pleasure drink the coffee in the evening after supper without any similar consequences. Actually, researches have shown that coffee fans strongly differ in the reactions to sleep depending on coffee and other factors, such, as noise, temperature and stress that is possible infringement of sleep. Thus, it substantially is a question of an individual susceptibility. Coffee without caffeine is useful even to those who are very susceptible to caffeine.
3. What is caffeine?
Caffeine is a substance which is contained in a natural kind in certain quantity of various plants, including coffee, tea, cocoa.
Caffeine also operates as a weak stimulator, causing the raised internal excitation and acceleration of process of thinking. Therefore some people prefer to drink coffee without caffeine, especially in the evening when they rather want to relax and fall asleep than to be engaged in the vigorous activity.
Caffeine has no colour, taste, smell, but its removal should be very careful, extraction can influence delightful taste and aroma which people expect from natural coffee.
Instructions on quantity in portion / to a cup are resulted in the table:
Mg of caffeine/per portion
Coffee (150 ml in a cup) – roasted and processed ~80
Coffee (150 ml in a cup) - instant ~60
Coffee without caffeine (150 ml in a cup) (roasted and processed or instant) ~3
Tea (150 ml in a cup) ~40
Cola (330 ml) ~30
Chocolate without additives (50g) ~20
4. How coffee without caffeine is made?
In coffee in a natural kind active caffeine additives are contained. Beans of natural coffee contain from 0.8 percent to 2.5 percent of caffeine, depending on an origin and a kind. Coffee without caffeine is not absolutely free from caffeine. In the countries of the European Community (EC) in the roasted coffee without caffeine the rests of caffeine in number of 0.1 percent and in a coffee extract - 0.3 percent can contain.
To make coffee free from the caffeine, stimulating additives need to be removed from beans. As the majority of flavouring qualities are shown in the process of roasting, caffeine is deleted from crude green beans of coffee. It is possible to reach this in various ways but most often used are water-carbon (H2O/C) and dichloromethane (usually known as DCM) methods. Modern methods of removal of caffeine do not influence taste and aroma of coffee. Therefore good coffee without caffeine on taste is almost the same as well as the coffee containing caffeine.
5. Does green coffee promotes growing thin?
Yes. The unique properties of green coffee have been opened in France. It promotes growing thin and makes the skin elastic.
While caffeine in usual coffee is capable to remove 14 % of fatty adjournment for a month, green coffee splits 46 %.
After 4-years of research of green coffee scientists have found a unique component which is capable to split congestions of fatty cages.
In the green (not roasted) coffee contains to 7 % of chlorogenic acid.
This acid helps us to transform fat stocks to energy.
So, if you simply lie on a sofa and drink coffee you will not grow thin.
And here if you actively move, with such coffee you will grow thin faster than usually.
6. Does coffee contains additives similar to preservatives?
No, coffee is 100 % natural and does not contain any additives. Coffee is simple seeds of coffee plants (coffee beans) which are processed and roasted. Decaffeinated or free from caffeine coffee is pure coffee from which caffeine is removed.
7. How coffee beans are flavoured?
Coffee beans are flavoured with liquid aromatizers, besides, identical to natural, by their drawing with a hopper at simultaneous hashing.
Coffee first is roasted and then flavoured with aromatizers of liquor, cognac, rum, a citron dried peel or chocolate.
8. Coffee with a cigarette harmful or not?
According to researches of scientists,
• Nicotine destroys caffeine. From those who smoke, caffeine is deduced from an organism for a couple of hours, from those who do not smoke – for more than 5 hours. So it is possible to draw a conclusion that a chance to overdose coffee for smokers is much lower, than for those who does not combine coffee with tobacco.
• Combination of caffeine with tobacco reduce possibility to be ill with Parkinson's disease. Especially valuably for those who has predisposition.
• Tobacco and coffee together cause the big dependence in the person. Especially, when the psychological moment joins – took coffee, it would be necessary to smoke, smoking – it is necessary to drink coffee etc. In such cases «withdrawal pains» begin even at the absence of one of components.
• Vessels and heart wear out faster or get extraordinary durability at a coffee and tobacco combination. One expands vessels, another – narrows, one accelerates heart work, another – slows down. Training still that!
• Both coffee and tobacco strengthen deducing of calcium from an organism and worsen its mastering, as consequence – teeth and bones (if to assume that we live in ideally non-polluted place, and in general do not contact with any modern food, clothes, air, stresses and the other moments) faster collapses.
9. What invigorates more strongly, tea or coffee?
In general, tea possesses strongly pronounced toning up action, it contains theine, a strong substance, more powerful on influence than caffeine. Unlike caffeine, theine does not influence pressure but at the same time it expands blood vessels and the person feels fresh longer time.
The caffeine containing in coffee, operates excitingly on the central nervous system and brain vessels in 10 minutes, its influence lasts for about 3 hours. Influence of caffeine of tea softer and prolonged.
10. What is in coffee except caffeine?
Coffee has a complicated chemical compound: it contains approximately two thousand chemical substances which in aggregate define its aroma and taste. The roasted coffee contains to 25 % of carbohydrates, fats to 13 %, proteins to 13 %. Contains more than three tens of various organic acids. The special attention deserves chloragenic acid, it impacts coffee a bit astringent relish. Coffee has no food value, though contains protein. The 100 g cup of a drink gives only 9 Kkal. However as the source of mineral substances, mainly potassium, coffee plays an important role. The cup of coffee contains 20 % of daily requirement of a human body in vitamin Р, necessary for strengthening of blood vessels.
11. What is more harmful – coffee or tea?
Tea has more caffeine than coffee (scientifically proved). The caffeine containing in coffee, operates faster than the one in tea. The person drunk coffee has sharp races of a tone then, approximately in an hour, there comes a full relaxation of an organism, and tea operates longer, supporting an organism in a tone about four hours, further smoothly goes on recession. Especially strongly pronounced effect from green tea.
12. How long does coffee posses its smell?
The period of storage of natural coffee roasted in beans is established State Standard - 18 months, for coffee ground, packed into packages from the combined materials – 12 months, packed under vacuum - 18 months
13. How can I brew tasty Turkish coffee?
14. How does Arabica differ from Robusta coffee?
Classical Arabica, unlike Robusta coffee has less caffeine, fats and smaller acidity. Arabica favourably differs from Robusta coffee also with more flavouring shades. Coffee Robusta is cheaper; its quality is much lower. Traditionally Robusta coffee is used for reduction in price of coffee mixes and instant coffee manufacture. More information
15. Whether it is possible to roast coffee in home conditions?
Of course, it is better to buy already roasted coffee, as at home to achieve a uniform and high-quality roasting is almost impossible. To roast beans at home is better in an ordinary frying pan, wide and deep, under cover. Before roasting pan should be washed to remove foreign odors which can destroy the coffee flavor.
First, corn is washed and dried. Drying can be in a natural way in open air or wipe with a towel (of course, with a clean one).
Begin to saute beans in a slow, low heat. Gradually increasing the fire, bring it to the max. Do not be lazy to stir the beans constantly so they evenly be covered with the brown colour.
When the beans begin to crackle and the oil appears on the surface, the pan can be removed from the heat. Some time beans are to be browned by themselves, due to the high temperature inside of the beans. So remove them from the pan before they are completely ready.
After home roasting beans acquire a different hue, but it does not significantly affect the quality of the drink.
Put the beans into any dish or on paper and cool them.
16. How to make tasty coffee?
- Not boil coffee;
- Right after brewing - merge the prepared coffee in the served coffee pot so that bitter components of a thick were not allocated in a ready drink;
- Coffee should be drunk hot, at once after it is made, optimum temperature of coffee served to a table is 50 – 60 °С;
- It is possible to improve taste of coffee, having added at brewing a bit of cocoa-powder or some grains of salt; - not to warm up repeatedly already cooled down coffee;
- If coffee nevertheless has begun to boil, it is necessary, having removed it from fire, to add in a coffee pot some drops of cold water, no more a teaspoon. This will help to besiege a thick on a coffee pot bottom;
- The coffee pot should be kept always clean.